11.28.2011

Soo much food to be thankful for!

I had a lot of fat-time foods with the holiday week. Very tasty, but not good for a diet!


Potato Bread
 First off, I finally dug into the world of bread and made some Potato Bread from scratch! Man, what a lengthy process. Kneading the dough was a lot of fun though :D This bread came out a little on the sweet side... the recipe did call for a bit of sugar. I wonder if I could cut down on that and still have the same consistency of bread? Do you have a go-to potato bread recipe?


Tayberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes
 These were super easy to make! I got the idea from an online food blog, but replaced the fruit sauce they used with the Tayberry Jam Adam and I got in Seattle. That was kind of a mistake though... since it's already a jam, you can't spoon it on the top and swirl it as delicately as the original recipe. But still, they taste AMAZING!

Vodka Sauce with Spaghetti
Oh goodness... I had no idea making Vodka Sauce was soo easy! I've never been too crazy about pasta sauce, but Vodka Sauce is just simply amazing. I would be so fat if I had this on me at all times. Wait. Crap, that's exactly what happened! Doh! But yes, so simple. I even have it memorized!

- 1/2 C butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 C vodka
- 2 (28 ounces) cans of crushed tomato
- 1 pint heavy cream

In a pot, melt butter and saute onions until they are brown and soft. Then add vodka, and cook on medium for about 10 minutes. Then add both cans of crushed tomatoes, and cook for 30 minutes, still on medium heat. Then add the heavy cream, and let cook for another 30 minutes. You can use a blender to make a smoother sauce if you prefer.

I love this SOO much, but I just made the recipe again, tweaking it a little. I like tangy bite of the tomato to come out more, so I only used 1/2 c of regular milk, and 1/4 heavy cream. Both me and Adam like this version more :D Yum! I've also heard of people adding more herbs to the sauce, but I like it the way it is. The picture I took I had the sauce on top of spaghetti, with bits of mozerella in as well. A little secret of mine: Adding tobasco sauce to it! Then the dish is perfect! Just like Italian Tomato in Japan :D

Gahh... but now I need to really focus on trying to stick to a rigid diet. No more fat days! But... maybe vodka sauce on some boiled down cauliflower instead of pasta wouldn't be so bad, right? XDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment