|Lovely ladies with their creations :D|
- Croissant Sandwiches either with:
*Sweet Chicken Salad (recipe on the bottom!)
*Peppercorn Turkey & Cheese
- Green Bean Casserole (thanks Jax!)
- Curly Fries
- Lime Chips & Salsa
- "Ramen" salad (thanks Jamie!)
- Triple Chunk Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse
- Ginormous Cupcake Bday Cake
Don't worry, even though I'm on the 4-hour body diet, once a week we get a "cheat" day, so I was sure to get my fill, lol! Everything was soo tasty, and to be in company of good friends was even better X3 BTW, aren't these little cups Jax had at her place just PERFECT for mousse? Sooo delish and RICH.
|Oliver Winery = yes, but Rilakkuma = WIN!!!|
But on to the finishing touch, THE CUPCAKE!
It may not look it, but this guy is pretty big. I was a bit intimidated with making it, as in " do I have enough ingredients", "will it look okay?", ect. But it all worked out fine! You only need one box of cake-mix, so via Jax's suggestions, I opted for Funfetti XP. And stupid me, I forgot to spray Pam on the inside of the silicone pans, but it came out not problem! *whew!* There is a little hollow divit on the inside too, so you can fill it up with some type of frosting/jam. I forgot all about this, but thank goodness Jax had some Apricot Jam, delish!
|Just wanna throw my face in there, LOL|
As for frosting, I went for the homemade Vanilla Bean, and it was great! I'll admitt, I was really worried it was "too-sweet", but everyone else said it was fine. I was very happy to see the little flecks of VB too! X3 The finishing touches were colorful sprinkles and one of Adam's favorite sweets, Dots. Yum!
|Yes, I'm in the bathroom with the cake. Don't judge me! :P|
Almost forgot my recipe! If you're looking for a chicken salad on the SWEETER side, this one is for you!:
Chicken & Fruit Salad
- 1 apple (quartered, cored, and diced)
- 1/3 C pecans, diced (* if you can get praline, then the sweeter the better :D )
- A handful of either raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 package of boneless, skinless, diced chicken (I use: Tyson's Grilled & Ready Refrigerated Fully Cooked Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast. You can find others in the grocery store too!)
- 1/2 C Vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 C mayonnaise
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- (optional) 1/2 C seedless red grapes, halved ( I'll use these if I don't have raisins/dried cranberries)
Just mix together, and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. Use it as a sandwich or on top of some lettuce, and you're good to go! Hope you like it! Alright, this has become a long entry, I'm out! ε=ε=ε=ε┏(●´Д｀●)┛